Friday, November 26, 2010

yes, i've been away... and a happy turkiey day!

i'm so sorry everyone. i've been away, and it hasn't been too good. i've been struggling with my body, trying to get it to understand that it's needed, wanted, very much. doing my best to let it know just how respected, admired, and loved it is. 

i've been in the hospital for the last 5 weeks, with a previous 2 weeks before this spent in isolation. what's going on with me? it's been a long and drawn out journey, too complicated to even bother to explain at this very moment, but worth doing, and i will. however, just know for now that 'this time' it involves my central nervous system (brain), lungs, and the docs were having a tough time getting things under control. it was a step shy from 'touch and go'. 


poor juan, he was doing all he could to figure out what our options were, with both of us being highly suspicious of 2 medications that we felt the side effects were causing some of the issues they were wanting to 'treat'. and unfortunately, i could only participate so much because of the state i was in - incoherent, going into/coming out of seizures. i could feel his frustration, understood it, wanted to ease it. but couldn't. i had to let him work it out on his own. he wanted me off certain meds NOW, but that wasn't feasible;l he was indignant with the staff and docs, it was interesting for a while. but again, i had to understand that this was 'his' way of taking care of me, protecting me, in the only way he knew how.

neurologically things got really bad  really fast, so it was decided to move forward with bone marrow and plasmapharises 'exchanges' and filtration (??), i am now on the mend! where'd i get the blood and bone marrow? juan. yes, juan!!  he's my match, literally

i hope to have some pics up soon - juan keeps forgetting the camera (i think on purpose!), i may try to upload the pics from my fancy new camera!



i broke down and got a fancy shmancy new phone, or i should say juan made me do it - no, it's not the i-phone (no kool-aid drinking here!), i got the sprint 4g EVO and i LOVE it!!! i'm a fairly proficient techie, so should be up and running on this thing soon enough - i hope!  

well, please know that i'm doing much better now with a few more weeks to go. hopefully i can get some pics up i got using my new phone. 

be well!                                                                                                                           

4 comments:

LadyLee said...

What a journey you're having. I was wondering if you were okay. Know that I am praying and thinking of you. Let's get you back up and going!

Mizrepresent said...

Wow, so glad to hear from you. I was worried, checking back and praying all the time. I don't have to say hang in there, bc i know u are, but i want to say i'm so glad, joyous to hear from you. Take care lovely!

Maggie said...

I am glad that you are starting to feel better! I pray for strength and peace for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear Princess--how are you?? Please post and let us know how you are!