Monday, January 20, 2014

Freakish Weather!



both new and old bay bridges heading west into san francisco

Here January is and it’s practically 80 degrees today here in the SF Bay Area. It’s supposed to be cold and rainy, some of my favorite weather, but instead it’s like late spring. And I’m not happy I tell you. 

Winter/Fall is probably my favorite time of year. I love the cool crispness, how the rain cleanses everything, the snow, my winter veggie garden. I love winter fashion too - the sweaters, scarves, hats, boots, big heavy coats, and leather. But more importantly, it’s time for soups, stews, and hearty slow cooked food!! And you all know how I love my food! But making a big pot of cannellini bean soup with chunks of ham, carrots and swiss chard poured over rice with Juan’s fabulous cast iron skillet cornbread just doesn’t feel right. My brain, my wardrobe, and my taste buds are in a state of flux! 
 
blessed.
It was such a pretty day last week, that ladybug and I goofed around a bit before heading to tennis practice. We're truly blessed to live in such an amazingly beautiful place, no matter how wacky the weather can be! We get to see these views almost every day. 
Be well
we get to see this practically every day!


isn't she beautiful?


No comments: